Friday, May 27, 2011

Let's Eat

If there is one thing the four (or 5 of us if you count the dog) LOVE to do is EAT. One of the good things about being out here in "Merryland" is we've gotten to try out a ton of different chain restaurants that they don't have back home. Even more fun is when we get to try the little hole in the wall restaurants. Today, while out and about, and hungry like always, we drove past a place called "The Dancing Pepper." It claimed to have authentic Tex-Mex, it sparked our curiosity, so we decided to give it a try.

It looked empty from the outside but when we went inside there was a party of 25 women. So it was probably a horrible time to come, considering they only had one waiter. I was overcharged for my meal, the waiter was a little snappy and we never got a refill for our chips, but the food was delicious. I will have to write my disclaimer now and say I have never actually eaten authentic Tex-Mex food. I've only spent one night in Texas, on our way here, and if I remember correctly we had Chick Fil-A that night. I ordered Enchiladas Rancheras with chicken filling. This is my go to Mexican dish, if I like the restaurant's enchiladas, I'll definitely be going back.

So Yummy! 
I devoured my plate and the hubby really enjoyed his food too. The kids shared a quesadillla plate and were so good in the restaurant.  I'm sure we will be going back, even with the not so good service.

Here are some pics of the my Loves just because  :)
Love bug and her Daddy have the same face.
My handsome Bubs 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the text on this. We will definitely try this place. The food looked pretty good. Poor waiter for having to take care of a large group of women. I was a horrible waitress and women (especially in groups) were some of my worse tippers haha. I usually became bitter as soon as I saw they were seated in my section.

    ReplyDelete